THE WARNER BROS. CANADA THE WAY BACK MOVIE CANADIAN CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DECLARATION OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE CONTEST ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. THE WARNER BROS. CANADA THE WAY BACK MOVIE CANADIAN CONTEST” (the "Contest") is only open to legal residents of Canada who are physically located in Canada (excluding Quebec) and are over the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers of Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada Inc. ("Sponsor"), and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively, the "Contest Entities"), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members are defined as spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
2. How to Enter. The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on February 20, 2020 and ends at 12:00 p.m. ET on March 13, 2020 (the "Contest Period"). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these "Official Rules" and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
On February 20, 2020, the Sponsor will post a contest post (the “Contest Post”) on the Warner Bros. Canada’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/WarnerBrosCA) and on the Warner Bros. Canada’s Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/warnerbrosca). To receive an entry (an “Entry”) into the Contest draw share your story of how the power of sport played a pivotal role in your life and mention your city by commenting on the Contest Post (the “Comment”). Follow one of the two entry options below (each an “Entry”):
A. Instagram: During the Contest Period, entrants must: (i) have an Instagram account; (ii) have an internet connection; (iii) be considered a member in good standing with Instagram, LLC, as determined by Instagram, LLC in its sole discretion; and (v) comment on the official Contest Post telling us your story of how the power of sport played a pivotal role in your life and mention your city.
If you do not have an account on Instagram, you can create one by following instructions on instagram.com. Creating an account is free. To be eligible for entry, your Entry must comply with Instagram’s Community Guidelines and must not contain obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Sponsor wishes to associate (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
If you do not have an account on Facebook, you can create one by following instructions on Facebook.com. Creating an account is free. To be eligible for entry, your Entry must comply with Facebook’s Community Standards and must not contain obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Sponsor wishes to associate (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
Limit of one (1) entry per person/per account/per platform during the Contest Period will be accepted. For greater certainty, you can enter only using one account on each of Instagram and Facebook (the “Accounts”) one time for the duration of the Contest Period. You can only use one Account per platform to participate. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Contest at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. For purposes of this Contest, an on-line entry is "received" when the Website's servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Contest. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Those who do not follow all of the instructions or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other.
Only Accounts associated with an individual may be used for entry in this Contest; entries received from an Account associated with any organization, company, corporation, partnership or other entity will be void. Published content must be posted and received and identifiable by and viewable to Sponsor during the Contest Period and at the time of winner selection and prize award for this Contest to be eligible. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may accept or disqualify a Comment that contains content that is: (i) superfluous and/or not truthful to the required content or (ii) otherwise violates these Official Rules. Entries that are not both actually visible and timely received by Sponsor will not be entered into the Contest. For purposes of this Contest, Entries are “received” when the social medial platform records your post/tweet and it is visible to Sponsor.
IMPORTANT: Sponsor may not be able to communicate with a participant via some of the social media platform’s features if participant is not using the latest version of the app or “follow” or otherwise connect his or her account with Sponsor’s account on the applicable platform. You can discontinue following or liking the Sponsor account(s) at any time but doing so may mean that Sponsor cannot receive or provide communications for purposes of administering this Contest, which could result in participant being disqualified or ineligible to win a prize. It is each participant’s sole responsibility to take all steps required to set his or her Account settings to accept communications by Sponsor, and to timely check his or her Account for any direct messages, direct posts, or @Replies (as applicable) from Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to any social media platform (or any website or mobile application offered as part of such platform) or its functionality that may interfere with the Contest or ability of a participant to timely enter or otherwise participate at all. Sponsor is not responsible for misspellings, typographical errors, or other issues that may affect the ability of Sponsor to locate a purported comment/retweet using a search to find eligible entries.
ENTRIES REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE APPLICABLE PROSPECTIVE PARTICIPANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR IS MERELY REQUESTING PERSONS TO POST COMMENTS AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SAME.
MOBILE ENTRY: Message and data rates (and perhaps other charges) may apply to use of mobile device for Contest entry. You may be charged by your wireless carrier if participating in the Contest via mobile device. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier's pricing plan BEFORE participating in the Contest via mobile device. Not all mobile devices offer wireless Internet access; and, wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
Submission Requirements: Entrants represent and warrant that his/her Entry including the Comment:
(i) is original to him/her and all right, title, and interest (including copyright) therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable Sponsor to use the Comment as contemplated by these Official Rules;
(ii) is in English or French
(iii) does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
(iv) does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
(v) does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party;
(vi) is intended for family audience reading and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons, including persons under the age of 13; and
(vii) is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity, alcohol/drug consumption or smoking, explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo, crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct, personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic), commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trademarks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor, conduct or other activities in violation of these rules and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Licence: By entering the Contest and submitting a Comment, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a world-wide, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Comment and entry post, including the entrant’s profile name and profile picture associated with the posting Account, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Comment and entry post in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
3. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. The potential winner will be selected through a random drawing on March 13, 2020 at 12:30 p.m. ET in Toronto, Ontario, from all eligible entries across all platforms received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Contest, and of selection of the Prize winner. The potential prize winners will be notified through a Direct Message on the platform through which they entered the Contest within 24 hours of winner selection. The selected winners must acknowledge receipt of the notification by sending a Direct Message response to Warner Bros. Canada’s official account within 24 hours of receipt. Failure to do so will result in the winner forfeiting his/her prize, thereby allowing the Sponsor to choose an alternative winner. The Contest Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of a Direct Message.
Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid, to be administered over the phone, by email, or in writing. Failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question will result in the potential winner forfeiting the prize and an alternate potential winner being randomly selected, time-permitting. Each potential winner will be required to submit a declaration of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the " Release") and return the Release within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. If the potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Release within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. If the potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will an alternate potential winner be selected after March 20, 2020.The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winner.
4. Odds. Odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. Prizes and Value.
There will be one (1) Grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) to be awarded in this Contest consisting of a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to a professional basketball game in Toronto, Ontario. There will also be eighty (80) Secondary prizes (the “Secondary Prizes”) to be awarded in this Contest, each consisting of one (1) Run of Engagement (“ROE”) pass, valid for admission for two (2) to a screening of The Way Back in participating theatres, effective March 16, 2020
The Grand Prize trip includes the following:
* Two (2) tickets to a professional basketball game in Toronto, Ontario on Friday, April 3, 2020. Seat selection at sole discretion of Sponsor.
*Two (2) economy-class airline tickets from national airport nearest the Prize winner's hometown to Toronto, Ontario. Airport location chosen by the Sponsor at its discretion. In the event that the winner resides within a 250 km radius of Toronto (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), the Grand Prize will not include airline travel, and return ground transportation will be provided to the winner.
* Overnight (2) night hotel stay for two (2) (based on (1) rooms, double occupancy) at a Toronto hotel. Hotel will require a valid credit card in an adult guest’s name to cover incidentals. Hotel to be chosen by the Sponsor at its discretion.
* Return airport-hotel transfers.
* Travel insurance
Total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $2,392.00 CAD based on a Vancouver, BC, departure example. Actual retail value will vary based on flight schedule. All prize details, including exact flight times, to be determined in the absolute discretion of the Sponsor, subject to availability. Travel arrangements must be made through the Sponsor.
Winner and travel companion (collectively the "Travellers") must travel together on the same itinerary including the same departure date, destination and return date. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. Travellers are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (e.g. valid identification). Travel must take place on the dates provided by Sponsor based on the date of the professional basketball game date (which as of the time of drafting these Official Rules is tentatively expected to be April 3, 2020 and travel dates are expected to take place from April 2, 2020 to April 4, 2020). If the winner is unable to travel on the selected dates, he/she will forfeit the Grand Prize in its entirety and no alternate will be selected. Documentation that is necessary for the Sponsor to book the Grand Prize for the Travellers must be supplied to the Sponsor or its representatives or agents upon request, and failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of the Prize at the absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Winner’s travel companions (and his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence) will be required to sign and return a release form within the time-frame prescribed by the Sponsor. Winner’s travel companion must be over the age of 18.
Travellers are responsible for any additional expenses not included in the Grand Prize as described herein, including, but not limited to, meals, in-room charges, transfers to/from the departure airport in Canada, health insurance, transportation costs, gratuities, taxis and ground transportation, checked baggage fees, excess baggage fees, personal incidentals, recreational activities and all other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Sponsor is not responsible in the event that any Traveller is denied the ability to fly out of or into any particular airport, whether due to airport restrictions or otherwise. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. All tickets issued in connection with the Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles. Once reservations are made, they cannot be changed. Other restrictions may apply. Travellers must behave appropriately and observe the laws, rules and regulations of location of the Prize while using the Prize and participating in any prize-related activity. Travellers understand and agree that Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner or his/her companion(s) from any activity at any time if the winner’s or his/her companion(s)’ behaviour is at any point uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the Sponsor, and, in such a case, the winner will remain solely responsible for all expenses related to the Prize and responsible for the costs of removing him or her (or his/her companion(s)) from use of the Prize and any related damages, losses, or expenses.
No financial compensation will be made or required if actual Grand Prize value is lower than the total value estimated in these Official Rules. Once reservations are made, they cannot be changed. Other restrictions may apply. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any event or flight, or failure of winner to complete travel. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
The Secondary Prizes includes the following: ROE passes are valid at any participating Cineplex Theatres on Mondays through Thursdays (excluding holidays), beginning on March 16, 2020 until the picture’s run in the theatres concludes.
Total approximate retail value of each Secondary Prizes is $25.00 CAD
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider's rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide a winner with their prize, the Sponsor may elect to provide winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. The prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winners will be solely responsible for fees or costs associated with the prize they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, are used. Unclaimed prize(s) will be forfeited.
6. Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, winner irrevocably grants to the Contest Entities and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Contest, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the prize to the winner. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning the Contest Entities.
7. Tampering with Contest. The Contest Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Contest, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future contests. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTESTS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Suspension / Modification / Termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest should causes beyond Sponsor's control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Contest.
9. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. The Contest Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) do not assume any responsibility for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by an awarded prize or the Contest itself; or (iii) any failure of any app or website during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, mail, comment, direct message, @replies to be received on account of technical problems, postal strike, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or filtering/operation of the functionality of Instagram or Facebook or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
11. Jurisdiction and Venue. This Contest is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, and the laws of Canada applicable therein without regard to its conflicts of law principles and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court of competent jurisdiction located within the city of Toronto.
Entrants agree that: (1) under no circumstances will he/she be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses as set forth in subsection 2 below, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in this Contest and in no event will participant be entitled to receive legal fees, or any other costs.
12.Miscellaneous. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and/or the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion.
13. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada Inc.. Reference to third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Contest.
//End of Official Rules//
The Way Back © 2020 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.