Disponible en français1. Eligibility. THE WARNER BROS. CANADA TENET “INSPIRED BY TENET” NATIONAL CONTEST (the "Contest" ) is only open to legal residents of Canada who are physically located in Canada, and who are at least the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers of Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada Inc. (" Sponsor"), and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively, the "Contest Entities"), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members are defined as spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
THE WARNER BROS. CANADA TENET “INSPIRED BY TENET” NATIONAL CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST . A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER AND CALIBRE OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DECLARATION OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE CONTEST ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
2. How to Enter . The Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET ") on August 14, 2020, and ends at 12:00 p.m. ET on September 7, 2020 (the "Contest Period "). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these "Official Rules " and the decisions of Sponsor and the Judge, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period, you may visit the Contest microsite at [www.warnerbroscanada.com/inspiredbytenet] (the “Microsite”). The Microsite will contain a description of the Contest and the official entry form. Each entrant will be asked to submit an official entry form, which may include, among other things, their full name, province of residence, e-mail address, and related registration information as prompted. Entrants will be asked to include a link to a maximum length, 00:00:55 second time-themed video (the “Entry Video ”) available on one of the entrant’s social media or video sharing accounts in a video file format they support (account and Entry Video must be public in order to view the video) (collectively the “Entry Material ”). The Entry Video must comply with the Submission Requirements set out below and may not include any music. Entry Videos must have been filmed no earlier than January 1, 2020. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the link to the Entry Video remains valid through to the end of the Contest judging as described below. Sponsor is in no way responsible for links to Entry Videos that are invalid or inoperable. All Entry Videos posted to third party social media or video posting sites must comply with all applicable guidelines to the entrant’s use of such platform
Entrants must complete and submit the entry form with all required information for the entry to be eligible. Information collected from entrant via the entry form will only be used for direct marketing purposes if entrant consents to use in such manner. Any requested opt-in consent is not required to enter the Contest and will not increase the entrant’s chances of winning. Complete the entry form and press “submit” . The entrant declares to have complied with the Official Rules.
Limit of one (1) entry per person into the Contest throughout the Contest Period. Each Entry Video can only be entered into the Contest one (1) time. For greater certainty, each Entry Video can only be submitted by one person. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries into the Contest by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limit, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Contest at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. For purposes of this Contest, an on-line entry is “received” when the Microsite’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Contest. The Microsite’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Contest. Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void.
ENTRIES REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE APPLICABLE PROSPECTIVE ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR IS MERELY REQUESTING PERSONS TO PARTICIPATE AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SAME.
Submission Requirements: Entrants represent and warrant that their Entry Video:
is original to the entrant and all right, title, and interest (including copyright) therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable Sponsor and its licensees to use the Entry Video as contemplated by these Official Rules. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Entry Videos cannot contain any music whatsoever, regardless of whether such music is original to the entrant;;
is in English or French;
does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence and agrees to provide Sponsor with written confirmation of those rights and permissions upon request;
does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party; and
is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity, alcohol/drug consumption or smoking, explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo, crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct, personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic), commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trademarks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor, conduct or other activities in violation of these rules and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Licence: By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry Video, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor and its licensees, in perpetuity, a world-wide, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Entry Video, and the entrant’s name and social media profile name and picture associated with the account where the Entry Video is hosted, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to their Entry Video in favour of the Sponsor and its licensees; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
3. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. No later than September 9, 2020, ten (10) entries will be chosen by the Sponsor from all eligible entries received on the Microsite in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period as finalists (each a “Finalist” ). Eligible entries will be judged based on the following criteria weighted equally: (1) creativity; (2) demonstration of time theme; (3) quality (the “Criteria ”). The ten (10) entrants with the highest overall scores based on the Criteria will be deemed to be Finalists. In the event of a tie, the entry with the higher score in creativity will be deemed a Finalist. The Finalists’ Entry Videos will then be judged by an expert judge selected by the Sponsor (the “Judge ”) based on the Criteria outlined above. The Finalist with the highest overall score based on the Criteria will be the potential winner (the “Potential Winner ”). The Potential Winner will be determined on or about September 18, 2020. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in creativity will be deemed the Potential Winner. In the event of a further tie, the tying Finalist entries will be re-judged by a different judge based on all of the Criteria. All decisions of the Sponsor and Judge in the selection of the Finalists and Potential Winner are final and binding.
If at any point throughout the Contest Period and the judging period, it is determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that a Entry Video does not comply with the Submission Requirements, that entry will be disqualified and ineligible to proceed to the next round of winner selection. If, once the Potential Winner is selected, even if that Potential Winner has been announced as the Winner, it is determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that the Potential Winner’s Entry Video does not comply with the Submission Requirements, the Potential Winner/Winner will be disqualified and forfeit his/her rights in the Prize. If this determination is made at any time, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate Finalist, Potential Winner or Winner.
The Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail using the information provided during entry in a commercially reasonable time after winner selection. The Contest Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information.
The Potential Winner must acknowledge receipt of the notification by sending an e-mail response to the Sponsor’s official representative within 48 hours and provide a link whereby Sponsor can download the video within the 48 hours. Video must be .MP4 format. Failure to do so will result in such Potential Winner being disqualified, thereby allowing the entry with the next highest score from the Judge to be the Potential Winner.
The Potential Winner will be required to submit a declaration of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the "Release ") and return the Release within the 48 hours from notification before being eligible to be declared the winner (the “Winner ”) and receive the prize. If the Potential Winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Release within the time period required by Sponsor or if a prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such Potential Winner, such Potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected (based on the Judge’s scores). If the Potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the Potential Winner declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such Potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected (based on the Judge’s scores). Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will an alternate potential winner be selected after September 23, 2020. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the Potential Winner.
4. Odds. This is a skill contest. The Winner will be selected based on judging criteria and process as outlined above. Odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number and calibre of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. Prize and Value.
There is one (1) “Prize ” to be awarded in this Contest consisting of:
A monetary award of $10,000 Canadian dollars, payable by cheque;
The retail value of the Prize is $10,000. There is no value attributed to the Cineplex pre-show or Etalk placement.
Winning Entry Video, or a portion thereof, will receive national on-screen placement on select theatres and titles during Cineplex pre-show for a period of time, as determined by Sponsor and Cineplex in their sole discretion, subject to rules and regulations regarding the placement of English content in a Quebec theatre; and,Winning Entry Video, or portion thereof, will be featured on a future broadcast of Etalk.
Prize is non-transferable except at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the promotion element of the Prize in its sole discretion.
6. Publicity Release . Subject to applicable law, the Winner irrevocably grants to the Contest Entities and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Contest, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the Prize to the Winner. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning the Contest Entities.
7. Tampering with Contest . The Contest Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Contest, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future contests. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTESTS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Suspension / Modification / Termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest should causes beyond Sponsor's control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Contest, or for any other reason.
9. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Entities, their licensees, and their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties ”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Contest and/or related to the Prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant's or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Contest; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Contest activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that Contest Entities: have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Contest and/or with respect to a prize, including, without limitation, to the prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants agree and that the Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prize; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access the Microsite or Sponsor or affiliated entities’ respective websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person’s) computer, mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Contest; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Contest Entities. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contest Entities. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
10. Entry Information and Contest Communications. As a condition of entering the Contest, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver their name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Contest and comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information entrants provide to Sponsor may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Contest and/or to communicate with the entrant about the possibility of featuring the entrant’s Entry Video. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. The Contest Entities are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
11. Jurisdiction and Venue. This Contest is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, and the laws of Canada applicable therein without regard to its conflicts of law principles and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court of competent jurisdiction located within the city of Toronto. Notwithstanding the foregoing, for Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Entrants agree that: (1) under no circumstances will he/she be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses as set forth in subsection 2 below, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in this Contest and in no event will participant be entitled to receive legal fees, or any other costs.
12. Miscellaneous. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and/or the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Official Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
13. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada Inc.. Reference to third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Contest.
//End of Official Rules//
TENET © 2020 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.