THE WARNER BROS. CANADA FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE MOVIE “TRIP FOR TWO TO LONDON CANADIAN SUPERFAN CONTEST” – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER AND CALIBRE OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DECLARATION OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE CONTEST ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. THE WARNER BROS. CANADA FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE MOVIE “TRIP FOR TWO TO LONDON CANADIAN SUPERFAN CONTEST” (the "Contest") is only open to legal residents of Canada who are physically located in Canada, and who are at least the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers of Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada Inc. ("Sponsor"), and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively, the "Contest Entities"), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members are defined as spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
2. How to Enter. The Contest begins at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on April 1, 2022 and ends at 12:00 p.m. ET on April 29, 2022 (the "Contest Period"). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these "Official Rules" and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period, you may visit the Contest microsite at https://bit.ly/fantasticsuperfancontest (the “Microsite”). The Microsite will contain a description of the Contest and the official entry form. Each entrant will be asked to submit an official entry form, which may include, among other things, his/her full name, province, e-mail address, and related registration information as prompted. Entrants will be asked to include a link to a maximum length, 00:01:00 minute Wizarding World Superfan-themed video (the “Entry Video”) available on one of the entrant’s social media or video sharing accounts in a video file format they support (account and Entry Video must be public in order to view the video) (collectively the “Entry Material”). The Entry Video must comply with the Submission Requirements set out below and may not include any music. Entry Videos must have been filmed no earlier than March 1, 2022. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the link to the Entry Video remains valid through to the end of the Contest judging as described below. Sponsor is in no way responsible for links to Entry Videos that are invalid or inoperable. All Entry Videos posted to third party social media or video posting sites must comply with all applicable guidelines to the entrant’s use of such platform.
Entrants must complete and submit the entry form with all required information for the entry to be eligible. Information collected from entrant via the entry form will only be used to administer the Contest and, if entrant consents, for direct marketing purposes. Any requested opt-in consent is not required to enter the Contest and will not increase your chances of winning. Complete the entry form and press “submit”. The entrant declares to have complied with the Official Rules.
Limit of one (1) entry per person into the Contest. Each Entry Video can only be entered into the Contest one (1) time. For greater certainty, each Entry Video can only be submitted by one person. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries into the Contest by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limit, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Contest at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. For purposes of this Contest, an on-line entry is “received” when the Microsite’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Contest. The Microsite’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Contest. Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void.
ENTRIES REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE APPLICABLE PROSPECTIVE ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR IS MERELY REQUESTING PERSONS TO PARTICIPATE AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SAME.
Submission Requirements: Entrants represent and warrant that their Entry Video:
3. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. , 2022, a potential winner (the “Potential Winner”) will be chosen by a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor from all eligible entries received on the Microsite in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. Eligible entries will be judged based on the following criteria weighted equally: (1) creativity; (2) demonstration of the Wizarding World Superfan theme; (3) quality (the “Criteria”). The entrant with the highest overall scores based on the Criteria will be deemed to be the Potential Winner. In the event of a tie, the entry with the higher score in creativity will be deemed the Potential Winner. In the event of a further tie, the tying entries will be re-judged based on all of the Criteria. All decisions of the Sponsor in the selection of the Potential Winner are final and binding.
If at any point throughout the Contest Period and the judging, it is determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that a Entry Video does not comply with the Submission Requirements, that entry will be disqualified. If, once the Potential Winner is selected, even if that Potential Winner has been announced as the Winner, it is determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that the Potential Winner’s Entry Video does not comply with the Submission Requirements, the Potential Winner/Winner will be disqualified and forfeit his/her rights in the Prize. If this determination is made at any time, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate Potential Winner or Winner.
The Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail using the information provided during entry in a commercially reasonable time after winner selection. The Contest Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information.
The Potential Winner must acknowledge receipt of the notification by sending an e-mail response to the Sponsor’s official representative within 48 hours.
The Potential Winner will be required to submit a declaration of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the "Release") and return the Release within the 48 hours from notification before being eligible to be declared the winner (the “Winner”) and receive the prize. If the Potential Winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Release within the time period required by Sponsor or if a prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such Potential Winner, such Potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. If the Potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the Potential Winner declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such Potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will an alternate potential winner be selected after May 13, 2022. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the Potential Winner.
4. Odds. Odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number and calibre of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. Prize and Value.
The “Prize” to be awarded in this Contest is as follows:
There will be one (1) Prize to be awarded in this Contest, consisting of a trip for the winner and his/her guest to London, England. The Prize includes the following:
* Two (2) round-trip, economy-class airline tickets from international airport nearest the Prize winner's city of residence in Canada to a London, England airport (airport location chosen by the Sponsor at its discretion);
* Four (4) night hotel stay in London with breakfast for two (2) (single room, double occupancy) at a hotel in London, England, chosen by the Sponsor at its sole discretion. Hotel will require a valid credit card in an adult guest’s name to cover incidentals;
*Warner Bros. Studios London Tour for two (2);
* Harry Potter & the Cursed Child passes for two (2);
* Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition passes for two (2);
* Return transfer between the airport and hotel & between the hotel and Warner Bros. Studios London for two (2);
* Travel insurance;
Total approximate retail value of the Prize is $7,500.00 CAD, based on a Toronto departure example. Actual retail value will vary based on flight schedule and hotel selection. All prize details, including exact flight times, to be determined in the absolute discretion of the Sponsor, subject to availability. Travel arrangements must be made through the Sponsor.
Winner and travel companion (the "Travellers") must travel together on the same itinerary including the same departure date, destination and return date. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. Travellers are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (e.g. valid passport, Covid-19 testing (if required for travel to London, England and/or return travel to Canada) and proof of Covid vaccination (if required under applicable law). Travel must take place between Tuesday - Saturday from July 19, 2022 to June 24, 2023 inclusive, excluding local and British national holidays. Blackout dates for Harry Potter & the Cursed Child apply. Documentation that is necessary for the Sponsor to book the Prize for the Travellers must be supplied to the Sponsor or its representatives or agents upon request, and failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of the Prize at the absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Travellers are responsible for any additional visa requirements.. Winner must reserve the Prize no later than sixty (60) days prior to requested travel. Failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of the Prize in the absolute discretion of the Sponsor. Winner’s travel companion (and in the event of a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to sign and return a release form within the time-frame prescribed by the Sponsor. Winner’s travel companion must be over the age of eighteen, or if under the age of eighteen, must be the child or legal ward of the winner.
Travellers are responsible for any additional expenses not included in the Prize as described herein, including, but not limited to, meals, in-room charges, transfers to and from the Canadian airport, health insurance, additional travel insurance, gratuities, taxis and ground transportation, checked baggage fees, excess baggage fees, Covid testing (if required), personal incidentals, recreational activities and all other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Sponsor is not responsible in the event that any Traveller is denied the ability to fly out of or into any particular airport, whether due to airport restrictions, government restrictions or otherwise. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, gift cards or certificates. All tickets issued in connection with the Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer or reward miles. Once reservations are made, they cannot be changed. Other restrictions may apply. Travellers must behave appropriately and observe the laws, rules and regulations of location of the Prize while using the Prize and participating in any prize-related activity. Travellers understand and agree that Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner or his/her companion from any activity at any time if the winner’s or his/her companion’s behaviour is at any point uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the Sponsor, and, in such a case, the winner will remain solely responsible for all expenses related to the Prize and responsible for the costs of removing him or her (or his/her companion) from use of the Prize and any related damages, losses, or expenses.
No financial compensation will be made or required if actual prize value is lower than the total value quoted in these Official Rules. Sponsor is not liable for any missed opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Sponsor is not liable for any costs incurred associated with flight changes, additional hotel costs, food or any other additional costs incurred in the event that one or both of the Travellers is unable to return to their departure airport as a result of any travel restrictions. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any event or flight, or failure of winner to complete travel. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Once a travel companion is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in the Sponsor's sole discretion. Except for the one guest included in the Prize, winner is not allowed to bring any additional family members or guests on the Prize trip. Winner’s guest may not be selected through any further contest, promotion or commercial event.
Travellers must observe at all times the Covid-19 restrictions and health and safety laws and regulations applicable to travel, hotel and activities. This may include, but not be limited to, testing requirements and/or proof of vaccination status. Travellers shall be responsible for ensuring that they comply at all times with any such restrictions and/or requirements in order to redeem the Prize. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Sponsor and Prize provider cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit.
Prize is non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and Prize provider's rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the winner with the Prize, the Sponsor may elect, to provide winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. The Prize is awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winner will be solely responsible for fees or costs associated with the prize they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, are used. Unclaimed prize will be forfeited.
6. Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, the winner irrevocably grants to the Contest Entities and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Contest, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the Prize to the winner. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning the Contest Entities.
7. Tampering with Contest. The Contest Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Contest, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future contests. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APP OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTESTS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Suspension / Modification / Termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest should causes beyond Sponsor's control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Contest.
9. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Contest and/or related to the prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant's or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Contest; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Contest activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that Contest Entities: have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Contest and/or with respect to the prize, including, without limitation, to the prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants agree and that the Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access the Microsite or Sponsor or affiliated entities’ respective websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person’s) computer, mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Contest; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Contest Entities. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contest Entities. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
10. Entry Information and Contest Communications. As a condition of entering the Contest, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Contest and comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information entrants provide to Sponsor may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Contest. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. The Contest Entities are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
11. Jurisdiction and Venue. This Contest is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, and the laws of Canada applicable therein without regard to its conflicts of law principles and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court of competent jurisdiction located within the city of Toronto. Notwithstanding the foregoing, for Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Entrants agree that: (1) under no circumstances will he/she be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses as set forth in subsection 2 below, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and, (2) any and all claims, judgents and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in this Contest and in no event will participant be entitled to receive legal fees, or any other costs.
12. Miscellaneous. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and/or the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Official Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
13. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada Inc. Reference to third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Contest.
//End of Official Rules//
Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore © 2022 WBEI Publishing Rights © J.K.R. TM WBEI