THE WARNER BROS. CANADA THE KITCHEN MOVIE NATIONAL CANADIAN CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DECLARATION OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE CONTEST ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. The THE WARNER BROS. CANADA THE KITCHEN MOVIE NATIONAL CANADIAN CONTEST (the "Contest") is only open to legal residents of Canada who are physically located in Canada, and who are at least the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers of Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada Inc. (" Sponsor"), and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively, the "Contest Entities"), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members are defined as spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
2. How to Enter. The Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on August 5, 2019, and ends at 12:00 p.m. ET on August 23, 2019 (the "Contest Period"). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these "Official Rules" and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. To enter the Contest, during the Entry Period, you may visit the Contest microsite at https://cloud.newsletter.warnerbroscanada.com/Thekitchen-contest-page (the “Microsite”). The Microsite will contain a description of the Contest and the official entry form. Each entrant will be asked to submit an official entry form, which may include, among other things, his/her full name, city of residence, e-mail address, and related registration information as prompted. Entrants must complete and submit the entry form with all required information for the entry to be eligible. Information collected from entrant via the entry form will only be used for direct marketing purposes if entrant consents to use in such manner. Any requested opt-in consent is not required to enter the Contest and will not increase your chances of winning. Complete the entry form and press “submit”. The entrant declares to have complied with the Official Rules.
Limit of one (1) entry per person into the Contest. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries into the Contest by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limit, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Contest at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. All entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. For purposes of this Contest, an on-line entry is “received” when the Microsite’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Contest. The Microsite’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Contest. Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void.
3. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. The potential winners will be selected through a random drawing on or about August 26, 2019, at 12:30 p.m. ET in Toronto, Ontario, from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules.The potential winners will be notified using the information provided during entry by of e-mail in a commercially reasonable time after the drawing. The Contest Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information.
The potential winners must acknowledge receipt of the notification by sending an e-mail response to Warner Bros. Canada’s official representative within 48 hours. Failure to do so will result in the potential winner being disqualified, thereby allowing the Sponsor to choose an alternative winner.
Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid, to be administered over the phone, by email, or in writing. Failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question will result in the potential winner forfeiting the prize and an alternate potential winner being randomly selected. Each potential winner may be required to submit a declaration of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the " Release") and return the Release within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. If a potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Release within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. If the potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners.
4. Odds. Odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. Prizes and Values.
There are THREE (3) prizes (the “Prize”) available to be won in the Contest. Each Prize consists of the following:
Each Prize has an approximate retail value of $94.93 CAD and is subject to the conditions and restrictions set out herein.
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider's rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide a winner with their prize, the Sponsor may elect to provide winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. The prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winners will be solely responsible for fees or costs associated with the prize they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, are used. Unclaimed prize(s) will be forfeited.
6. Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, each winner irrevocably grants to the Contest Entities and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Contest, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the prizes to the winners. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning the Contest Entities.
7. Tampering with Contest. The Contest Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Contest, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future contests. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTESTS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Suspension / Modification / Termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest should causes beyond Sponsor's control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Contest.
9. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Contest and/or related to any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant's or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Contest; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Contest activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that Contest Entities: have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Contest and/or with respect to a prize, including, without limitation, to the prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants agree and that the Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prize; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access the Microsite or Sponsor or affiliated entities’ respective websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person’s) computer, mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Contest; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Contest Entities. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contest Entities. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
10. Entry Information and Contest Communications. As a condition of entering the Contest, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Contest and comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information entrants provide to Sponsor may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Contest. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. The Contest Entities are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
11. Jurisdiction and Venue. This Contest is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, and the laws of Canada applicable therein without regard to its conflicts of law principles and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court of competent jurisdiction located within the city of Toronto. Notwithstanding the foregoing, for Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Entrants agree that: (1) under no circumstances will he/she be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses as set forth in subsection 2 below, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in this Contest and in no event will participant be entitled to receive legal fees, or any other costs.
12.Miscellaneous. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and/or the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Official Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
13. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada Inc.. Reference to third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Contest.
//End of Official Rules//
The Kitchen © 2019 Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.